In life, you have to sometimes navigate tricky relationships. Renting is definitely one of those times. While you’ve already came to the right property management services in Fort Collins, there are still a few things you should know about those tricky relationships that you (possibly) enter into when renting. From landlords, to neighbors and roommates, here are a few tips to make those relationships go a little smoothly.
- Before you all move in together, make sure that you’re all compatible. This may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised. Ask the important and hard questions first so there are no surprises – especially if you think you already know the answer.
- Once you move in together, write up a set of realistic house rules together. This way, there will never be any confusion on what the other person needs for a comfortable home environment. If there’s ever a problem, confront them face to face and never through a text.
Your Landlord / Property Manager
- Start off on the right foot. We’ve had people fudge on the details -about their income, their pets – to get into places. We always say honesty is the best policy.
- Report issues quickly. Don’t let something that needs repaired get worse.
- Pay on time.
- You don’t have to be best friends with your neighbors, but you shouldn’t be enemies either. Be courteous and follow neighborhood quiet rules. If you plan on throwing parties or having extra cars parked on the street, give your neighbors a heads up. This helps to avoid awkward conversations later.